Lots of Scrapbooking

I have been busy with scrapping lately and really enjoying it.  My friend Deby and I have done three layouts in the past three weeks, which I know sounds slow but by the time we drive to each others houses, sort out my failing internet, or cutting machine... etc one layout per visit is good!  Two weeks ago we wanted to do a Kaszazz layout but I didnt have the right paper so we compromised and ended up with the following, we used stamps and used our cutting machines for embellishments instead of the suggested paper's


Then last week was the White Space layout, initially I didn't like this when I first saw it but once I started putting it together I was sold.


Then today I copied a layout (was a single page) from a recent scrapbooking magazine, I quite like how this came together, the Chelsea wording wasn't on the magazine suggestion but i really wanted her name on it.



Its hard to tell in the photo's but I used dye ink (distress) and perfect pearls in a mini mister to colour the leaves, and the butterflies, the butterflies are vellum.. and that was a fun little experiment watching them curl up when i misted them.  It actually gives them a slight distressed look, which I quite like!
I reprinted the photo's, scanned and printed in black and white.  A hint I learnt today from the magazine was if you have two photo's with clashing colour schemes is to change them both to black and white photo's to save on the CLASH!  Brilliant and obvious once pointed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.