Copics

I decided to purchase some classes for copics, in an online class set up.  Copic Craze, and colouring by Debbie Hodge at Get it Scrapped.   The first part of the course is Copic Craze which is an introduction to copics, and the numbering etc.. ive had copics for nearly two years now and I never understood those numbers..  Well not being one to stand idly by with new information at hand I wanted to get started with colouring.   I coloured up this rose this morning and popped it on a card for my neice who is graduating year 12 today, aswell as celebrating her 18th Birthday this week.
I used the embossing folder and stamp from Stampin up and the sentiment is also a Stampin up stamp.
I was quite excited to learn that you can use distress inks as the stamping medium and not have your copics run... this is brilliant news for me, as look how nice the rose looks when not stamped in black or my new momento brown (yet to be opened).   I even used a whisper pen with distress to colour the edges of my cut image, as i didnt want any white showing from the sides...

Playing along in a few challenges here
and lastly I think my new favourite blog...
Make it Monday  where its Anything goes every week, a place to show off your creations to like minded people.

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is STUNNING Penny and so elegant!!! Glad you are now getting use of your copics,have fun!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful elegant card - love the embossing
    Thanks for linking up at make it Monday this week
    Lisa x
    ps -Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, very elegant. Your colouring is super! I saw your link over at Make it Monday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I adore that EF
    Beautiful colouring
    Thank you so much for participating in our quest for 1000 entries
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty card!
    Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful elegant card! Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful elegant card, so pretty. Your copic colouring is really great. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty! Thanks for sharing on Make It Monday!
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.